Date: Friday, October 29 at 12:30 pm (cst)
Location: Avalon Manor Banquet Center- 3550 E Lincoln Hwy, Hobart, IN
Explore our future as a hyper-connected 90-mile advanced technology and research corridor from Chicago to South Bend, with Northwest Indiana as the connector of this emerging innovation economy connected by rail and data.
We are one region united by a transformational future.
- Senator Todd Young
- Gordon Gill, Founder – Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
- Congressman Frank Mrvan
- Cordell Carter, II, Executive Director, Socrates Program at the Aspen Institute
Please email Bailey to be placed on the waiting list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Masks and social distancing will be required.
Date: Thursday, October 3
Location: Avalon Manor Banquet Center
The highlight was a panel discussion about creating vibrancy in NWI with Hammond as an example while learning from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Panelists include:
- Jeff Speck, City Planner and Urban Designer focused on Walkability
- George Heartwell, Retired Mayor of Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Suzanne Schulz, City of Grand Rapids Managing Director of Design, Development and Community Engagement
- About the Panelists
In 2018, we heard from Tom Murphy, former Mayor of Pittsburgh, who shared how Pittsburgh turned its decline into a story of revitalization and reinvention. Here’s a link to the video recording of Tom Murphy’s inspiring presentation.