One Region 2021 Annual Luncheon
PROPEL NWI projects
Event Date: 2021
At the 2021 Annual Luncheon, we launched a coordinated alignment from Chicago to South Bend and One Region’s Propel initiative. Now is the time to propel Northwest Indiana by leveraging the investments in data and rail to build connectivity between us all.
PROPEL TRANSIT ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT
Because of state and federal investments, the South Shore Line connecting Northwestern Indiana to Chicago and South Bend will be expanding. To fully leverage this investment, it is imperative that Northwest Indiana is committed to building market-rate transit oriented development near the South Shore stations. The RDA developed Transit Development Districts and has housing goals based on the forecasted workforce demand. One Region will work to align municipalities and key partners to meet these housing goals to attract and retain talent in our region.
AUGUST 30 & 31, 2022 – BUS TRIP TO CHICAGO SUBURBS AND MILWAUKEE TO EXPERIENCE TOD
- A group of delegates will be visiting Oak Park, IL, Glenview IL, Wheeling IL, Oak Creek WI, Milwaukee WI and West Allis WI to see how these areas transformed their cities through mixed-use, multifamily development. Register here
FEBRUARY 28, 2022 – DESTINATION 2024 SUMMIT
- The Destination 2024 Summit was hosted by One Region and the Regional Development Authority (RDA) in partnership with these steering committee members. It focused on aligning and educating stakeholders to work toward reaching goals related to market-rate housing and ancillary development in TDDs around Northwest Indiana. See the video and slide deck here. Sponsored by NiSource, Valparaiso University, Shive-Hattery, and UnitedHealthcare
JANUARY 25, 2022- TRANSIT-ORIENTED DEVELOPERS CONVENING
- Gathering of developers around Chicagoland to hear from Sherri Ziller at the Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority (RDA), MKSK, and Peoples Bank about TOD opportunities in our region.
PROPEL THE GREATER SOUTH SHORE
One Region is focused on advancing the Greater South Shore, a 90-mile hyper-connected corridor from Chicago to South Bend that leverages investments in rail and data. This will not only connect us more to each other but align Northwestern Indiana with our economic partners- Chicago and South Bend in ways that will build a stronger force to compete nationally and globally.
JANUARY 19, 2022 – ONE REGION MEMBER-ONLY EVENT | CIMCOR
NIROC members will convene on January 19 to learn more about quantum research and what it means for our region. Special guests will be Robert Johnson from Cimcor and Tom Dakich from Digital Crossroad.
OCTOBER 29, 2021- ONE REGION ANNUAL LUNCHEON
- Avalon Manor | Merrillville, IN
- Senator Todd Young, Congressman Frank J. Mrvan, Gordon Gill, Cordell Carter, II, and Tom Dakich spoke about the importance of the Greater South Shore
- Click here for more information
PROPEL AN INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM
As we become more connected through the South Shore Line, transit-oriented development, the emerging Greater South Shore, and the quantum infrastructure coming to Northwest Indiana, it is vitally important for community leaders to advocate for and organize around cultivating a tech & innovation ecosystem.
2022 – INNOVATION LEARNING TRIPS
- Visit start-up ecosystems outside of Northwest Indiana to learn about the benefits of collaborating to support the foundational growth of innovation in Northwest Indiana. In coordination with the Society of Innovators, One Region will be hosting trips for regional leaders who are interested in propelling tech and innovation in NWI.
PROPEL THE MARQUETTE GREENWAY
Now that the Marquette has been fully funded, One Region continues to support the completion of this important regional trail from Chicago to New Buffalo, MI.
COMING IN 2022/23 – MARQUETTE GREENWAY TRI-STATE CELEBRATION
One Region is hosting a coordinated tri-state celebration to bring regions together in collaboration with NIRPC.